Baby Roma Tomatoes
Baby Roma Tomatoes Are Miniature roma-shaped fruits that are bursting with intense sweet flavor. Great for garden snacking, salads and growing for market. Incredibly heavy sets of 1″ grape-type tomato fruits. Fruits have a very long shelf life.
Baby Roma History
(aka Cherry Roma) Miniature roma-shaped fruits are bursting with intense sweet flavor. Great for garden snacking, salads and growing for market. Incredibly heavy sets of 1″ grape-type tomato fruits. Fruits have a very long shelf life.
Growing Baby Roma
lant them 1/4 inch deep and 1 inch apart in flats placed in a warm, sunny room. Once the seedlings grow their second set of leaves. transplant them to plastic cups, burying the stems deeper than before. This encourages a strong root system. If you’re buying transplants from a nursery, you’ll also want to let them develop a solid root system before planting.
Preserving And Storing Baby Roma Tomatoes
- Blanch. Drop tomatoes into boiling water for 60-90 seconds and, using a slotted spoon, transfer immediately into a bowl of ice water to cool. Skin will slip easily from the flesh.
- Prepare tomatoes. Remove stems and core tomatoes. Work over a shallow dish to retain juices.
- Transfer into storage bags. Using a ladle or measuring cup, fill pint or quart sized ziploc bags.
- Seal bags. Make sure to push as much air as possible when sealing to avoid freezer burn.
- Into the freezer. Try to store flat. The shape in which they freeze is the shape you’re stuck with until it’s time to thaw.
Using fresh home-grown ingredients is amazing, it brings out flavor you never knew was there. If you have ever cooked with home-grown produce you know this all too well… here is an amazing breakfast burrito recipe that will complement your Baby Roma tomatoes beautifully.
Baby Roma Nutrition
Fresh tomatoes are low in carbs. The carb content consists mainly of simple sugars and insoluble fibers. These fruits are mostly made up of water. Lycopene is one of the most abundant plant compounds in tomatoes. It’s found in the highest concentrations in tomato products, such as ketchup, juice, paste, and sauce. Studies show that tomatoes and tomato products may reduce your risk of heart disease and several cancers. This fruit is also beneficial for skin health, as it may protect against sunburns.
Other Tomato Varieties Worth Checking Out
Packet (100 seeds), Packet (250 seeds), Packet (500 seeds), 1/2 Ounce, 1 Ounce, 1/4 Ounce, 4 Ounces
There are no reviews yet.